This article is for you if you’re considering how to repost on Instagram and why you should.
Reposting user-generated content is a powerful marketing tactic that can promote your company or brand and help you make new contacts. To broaden your Instagram feed and maintain your audience’s interest, you can also repost educational content.
I’ll demonstrate many methods for reposting photographs and Reels to your Instagram Feed and Stories in this article. I’ll also give some samples of well done reposting.
What does Instagram “reposting” mean?
Reposting is a technique to show your audience images and reels from other Instagram users.
It’s crucial to get permission from the original content creator before reposting any content on Instagram by getting in touch with them. You can share their material on your Instagram Feed or Stories with credits or mentions after you have the necessary rights.
To obtain permission from the original material owner, try one of the following strategies:
- Comment on the image you want to repost and mention the author of the original article. You may say something like, “Hey @XYZ, great image! If you would agree to let us use the image for our marketing efforts, we would be grateful! We will fully credit you for the image.
- Instagram Direct Message them.
- You can email the content creator if their email address is listed on their profile. Request their permission by sending them a brief message in which you also explain how the repost will benefit them.
How to Repost a Story on Instagram: Steps
There are two possibilities here:
I will walk you through each step of the procedure for both of these choices: Repost a Story in Which You Are Tagged Repost a Story in Which You Are Not Tagged.
Reposting a Story in Which You Are Tagged
Here’s how to publish or repost something to your Instagram Story if someone has tagged you in their story on Instagram:
Visit Instagram and select “message” from the menu in the top-right corner of the screen.
Tap the “Add to your Story” option in the chat window of the person or company that tagged you in their Instagram story.
To add text and Stickers to the Story, click on the icons at the top of the screen. You can also zoom in or out of the image by pinching.
Tell your followers and close friends about the Story.
Reposting a Story in Which You Are Not Tagged
If you are not tagged in a Story, do you know how to repost it on Instagram? Two strategies exist for doing this:
- To share, take a screenshot of the Story.
- Share the Story’s link by copying it.
Screenshot the story and distribute it
You can share the Story with your audience by simply taking a screenshot of it. The steps are as follows:
Take a screenshot of the Instagram Story you want to post after opening it.
Save the snapshot to your phone after cropping or resizing it.
Return to your Instagram profile and start a fresh Story.
Share the screenshot with your followers or close friends after adding it to your Story and editing it with text, effects, music, and Stickers.
How to Repost an Instagram Video or Reel to Your Story in Three Easy Steps?
All Instagram videos have been posted as Reels from July 2022 in order to give users a fully immersive experience. Therefore, to repost a Reel or a video to your Instagram Story, you must complete the same methods.
Here is how to go about it:
Tap the “paper aeroplane icon” in the bottom-right corner of the video reel you want to repost it on after opening it.
Next, select “Add Reel to your Story” from the menu.
If desired, add text, stickers, and effects to the story before sharing it with your audience.
Reposting a Reel to Your Instagram Feed: The Steps
How can you repost a Reel that you like that was shared by another user on your Instagram feed?
It can be challenging to repost a reel to your Instagram feed. Reels to the Feed reposting is not possible on Instagram directly from the app. In order to republish Reels to your Feed, you must first download a republish app to your Android or iOS device.
Here is an illustration of an Android app for reposting:
- Click on the “three dots ()” in the bottom right corner of the Reel you wish to repost. It is visible beneath the paper aeroplane icon.
- To copy the link to the Reel, select “Link” from the menu.
- Copy the link, then paste it into the repost app on your phone. Select “Preview” by tapping it.
- Then select “Repost” from the menu.
- Tap the “Instagram icon” and choose “Feed” from the selection that appears.
- Add text, stickers, effects, and music to the Reel, then press “Next.”
- Give the content owner credit by including a relevant caption. When selecting the “Share” option, you can add hashtags if you’d like.
To increase your reach, start reposting on Instagram right away.
I trust you now fully grasp the Instagram reposting process. The procedures are really basic. You may easily repost high-quality content to your Instagram feed once you receive the necessary consent from the original content providers.
Make sure a photo or video fits with the aesthetics and style of your Instagram page before reposting it to your feed or story. Additionally, don’t forget to cite the original post’s source in the description.
You may broaden your profile and increase your reach, engagement, and leads with the correct reposts.